Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

DMC-I comm cable

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,349 Views
(@ZeroProxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31366]
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone here could direct me or knows how to achieve communication to a DMC-I in the case that I was using a newer laptop without a serial db9 port, I have a working dmc setup on a newer windows 7 laptop and I have a usb to serial adapter which I can use with IMS, but for dmc I have been unsuccessful because where I would usually switch the drive to an rs485 I have the usb to serial driver which I can’t switch without losing my com1 port. Has anyone achieved this maybe with an rs232 to rs485 converter?



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have tried and tried with every brand of converter and through VMs…. Please let me know if you figure it out but as far as I can tell, the ACPI driver is bios level and will not work without a native serial port. Best, and only, workaround I’ve found is to use a dock. I have a newer Dell with the dock port on the bottom that connects into the PCIE bus and that does work.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top