Elevator Forum

DMC Fast Tool with ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

DMC Fast Tool with Allen Bradley 1771HD Pend

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,175 Views
(@Rotteapple)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38594]
Hey has anyone or anyone they known been able to use an Allen Bradley 1771HD Pendent, in place of a DMC Fast Tool? What was needed to get it to communicate with the 25 Pin D-shell conenctor. Is it just a RS485 to RS232 adapter? Will this allen bradley be able to read, understand, and communicate with DMC? I was recently assigned a couple on my route and have a kone company laptop with DMC SOFTWARE but is limited and sluggish. I know little about what the DMC is sending out of the 25 Pin D-Shell connector beyond the 24v supply or what this Allen bradley 1771HD and it uses an RS232 connector.. .

I have access to one through a family member who used to do PLC programming and retired, he's willing to part with it.

Any information or help will be a big help, also I hate dragging the laptop out of the van if I don't need to.

Using random picture from ebay as reference.

Regards,
Local 19
Rotte

Attachments
Screenshot_20241128_202532_eBay.jpg (469.61 KB, 29 downloads)

Last edited by Rotteapple; 11/29/24 01:47 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors


   
Quote
(@Rotteapple)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Also, I have a dmc 25DB RS232 to RS232 9 pin adapter



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would like to know also, keep us updated please!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you actually heard of this working or are you asking just because it looks like a FAST Tool? That’s a generic enclosure that Dover used for the FAST tool. I think I’ve seen Schindler HHTs in the same one. It’s not a dumb terminal, it has a Dover made board inside that runs Dover software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rotteapple)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I've seen posts on other forums that it can possibly work with the correct hardware to convert the io data but I'm unsure. These communicate with Motion Control IMC Servo Control System Modules from Allen Bradley which communicates on a basic RS232 serial port platform. There is limited data concerning the tool and it's general makeup but I need a detailed schematic of the handheld device and general idea of what it normally reads.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rotteapple)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They make all this so proprietary I can't dig up any schematics or data regarding the internal workings of either the Fast Tool or this Allen Bradley. If I had more time and attention span I'd attempt to reverse engineer Kone's KST DMC tool to understand the coding and how it communicates but two small kids and a wife dictates my time otherwise. Also, I've been mainly wanting to poke around KST exe files with a reverse engineering app.
Attachments
Screenshot_20241129_132605_Samsung Notes.jpg (382.89 KB, 24 downloads)

Last edited by Rotteapple; 11/29/24 06:26 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Rotteapple)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I've heard this is a similar converter used by Thyssenkrupp at some point if anyone can confirm?
Attachments
Screenshot_20241129_135018_Samsung Notes.jpg (274.84 KB, 27 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That converter was an alternative to the “orange cable” to convert from 232 to 485 for the old Dover DMC laptop program. It required a special driver to communicate with a DMC too.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top