Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dmc entrapments

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,783 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35091]
Hi. I have a DMC that has entrapped passengers twice in the last 5 weeks.

Both times on the bottom terminal landing (also the lobby and primary fire floor)

Both times doors closed in fire service

Eventually it resets after multiple attempts involving phase 1 and 2 on both fire floors.

Has anyone seen this b4? The building has no fire alarms tripped. It’s going into fire service on its own.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had one doing some strange things on fire service. I’d even replaced the CLC by download and upload from FAST. The solution here was to do a cold start, re-enter all the parameters, HW scan, door scan.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Txs dirt. I will try that



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Cold started it. Set up all parameters. Still in FEO. I’m going to change the CLC next but doubting if that will fix it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you look at all your fire service inputs, does the CLC see any incorrectly?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I never got a real cold start the first time. Never got 15 fault. Now I got that and I reset it all up and it’s out of fire service working good. Besides one weird door issue. When the car first arrives at a floor and the door opens it never opens in high speed. But if you re open the door at that same floor it opens perfect. Once car moves to another floor it opens slow first time it arrives.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s like it opens in a learn mode every time car moves. Only the first time it opens. Then after re open at same floor it opens perfect. Then move car and it opens slow first time.
I started door scan with door open. I think I need to start door scan with door closed.

Last edited by Jluff; 04/21/23 05:18 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I always start the scan on a DMC with the doors open. Maybe if the limit was way too early… When the doors close at the floor the count matches the scan so they re-open at full speed but when the car runs, the doors squeeze too many counts past the limit so it opens slow on the next trip. I think the door should log a fault when it goes to manual speed like that. It means it didn’t like the count the last time the door operated.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check the door belts if you are getting faults like this.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya that could do the same thing if the belts slip while the door is squeezing



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So I may need to adj my DCL on the door operator board but I’m not getting any faults.

Last edited by Jluff; 04/22/23 02:45 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Put DCL as close to full closed as possible without being intermittent or relaxing off of it. Then run a new scan after moving the limits even a little bit. Same goes for newer TK equipment too.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Update. Starting the door scan with the door closed solved the problem 🤷‍♂️.. so everything is working great now.

But the original problem of going into FEO and entrapments will still happen again. This happened with 2 different CLC boards. So I guess new software is needed ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Software tends to be a go/no-go type of thing. I’d be really surprised if the software was causing the thing to intermittently go on fire service.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tramguage1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any idea on year of this unit? If its an older DMC( early to mid 80's) change the power supply in the bottom of the car station. I am seeing these power supplies being at the end of there life span.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top