🤣
Last time I had a large group stuck in an elevator was 30+ years ago. 3500# capacity at a local university. When I opened the doors the car was on the buffers, and there was 20 people inside.
The biggest guy fainted…
College campus in SoCal. One Saturday night was either a hazing night or frat challenge. The challenge was for the young guys and gals (about 12-15 in all) to leave their dorms in nothing but their underwear and run a predetermined course on campus. Part of the challenge was to utilize the glass elevators (with glass hoistway enclosures) in the parking garage. The structure was relatively new, but had already had multiple entrapments on either unit when students jumped up and down while the cars were in motion. Roped twin post hydros with six landings. So this group got stuck with the safeties set at an upper landing about 1am. Campus police, campus facilities director were on site to witness their rescue…all in their underwear. Made for an interesting OT call I’m sure, as well as the event being published in the university newspaper the following week.
Thanks for sharing!