Elevator Forum

Cutting Hole for Ne...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Cutting Hole for New COP

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,001 Views
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38191]
Having an issue with cutting a hole for the new cop, i have a plywood cab with stainless laminated over top. If i use a grinder i smoke the building out, if i use a jigsaw i go through blades. Any ideas?



   
Quote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use a Milwaukee 5 3/8" metal saw. Looks like a miniature skill saw. You'll need 2 blades to cut out a full cop but it makes good cuts. I also use a sawzall with blades for stainless.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use a jigsaw on slow speed and cut real slow. I usually go through a couple blades.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Montana
I use a jigsaw on slow speed and cut real slow. I usually go through a couple blades.

this also works for me. Or good old sawzall but I personally prefer the jigsaw



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top