Elevator Forum

Claddagh selector 8...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Claddagh selector 8300 plus

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,239 Views
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38809]
Does anyone have any experience installing one of these on an esco? Im having issues and called the factory half a dozen times with no return call. The instructions are terrible and are missing a bunch of information. I've installed the ip8300 and ip8700 and both of those were pretty easy. Unfortunately they seemed to have closed their doors. Any help would be appreciated



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Which model ESCO
Which selector is on the unit



   
ReplyQuote
(@Sammy1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The last one we installed on an ESCO required the installation of pilot relays in the control since commons were not shared.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I don't have the print for it with me but my guess is a mid 80's selective collective esco with I believe an a8 selector. The building has 5 of them and I put one of the interface products ip8700 selectors on one with no real issues. The problem has become interface products closed up and now I'm using a claddagh ip8300 plus. Claddagh doesn't tell you if it's still using a binary count for floor position, (I don't think it is do to magnet placement) or if you have to jump out contacts 31 to 33 on relays xf,yf,zf. Also the box they sent us doesnt look like the box in, the very minimal, installation instructions and had like 3 rows of jumpers and no information on if you're supposed to move them to get signals to the controller. The magnets on the tape I put up seem to be picking the propper relays in the box but my controller isn't seeing them.... And to be fair I haven't gotten a meter on the term strip to see if it's making it from the relay out. Or haven't checked my helpers wiring in the cartop box, but he's generally pretty good going off a pull sheet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Update; the claddagh factory wiring was incorrect along with the schematics, the floor signals that tech support wanted me to hook to was wrong, the magnets they gave me for DZ were the wrong length, and the layout description and instructions for where to put the dz mag were incorrect. That being said it is on and working currently but not because they helped. Their "tech support" seemed very green and wasn't able to answer simple questions. After an hour or so of back and forth with him they gave me the "engineers" number who never picked up or called back. I've left 3 messages cand called 6-8 times. Kinda disappointing



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thank you forthe update. Way to stick with it! I'm glad you got the car running.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Oh my. Interface products is put of business? That's bad. Literally the best selectors put there. That's like gal going out of business



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah interface sold to claddagh. Another big issue is no one from interface went over to work at claddagh according to the guy I talked to at claddagh. So it's just chaos



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top