Elevator Forum

cabin lights are ou...
 
Notifications
Clear all

cabin lights are out in my 2003 LEV

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,175 Views
(@steve a)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35003]
I bought a house last year with a LEV elevator that functions as it should except for the fact that the cabin lights (there are 2) are no longer working. I recently replaced one of the lights with an LED bulb that was less than the power rating for the socket, that bulb worked for about 4 mo. The fact that both are out indicates a more systemic problem than just two bulbs that went out at the same time, I think.

I did check the breaker panel and nothing was tripped ( cycled them anyway)

I have no manual for this thing and thought I would try out this forum before I sign up for an expensive service call.

Does anybody have any suggestions? i thought i would ask before disassembling the control panel.

thank you!



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you replaced the bulbs again? Are they standard lightbulbs/sockets? If its a standard socket and takes a standard bulb it's very easy to check for power, standing inside the cab at the light socket. If you have anywhere around 110-120vac you have good power. Just because you replaced the bulb once doesn't mean a whole lot. I've found in my own house alot of these new (cheap) led bulbs go bad very frequently, almost as much or more than incandescent bulbs. I think they're cutting corners on the driver circuitry in the cheap led bulbs.

There's almost nothing elevator folks can recommend customers do themselves, however changing the cab light bulbs is the one exception. I would check the voltage at the sockets and put new bulbs in it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@atlaslarry)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
bad lighting transformer in circuit;120 volt a/c to 12 volt a/c,have your elevator tech check it out

Last edited by atlaslarry; 05/12/23 05:45 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top