2.26.1.5.1 When switching to either “BYPASS” or “OFF” position, they shall
(a) have contacts that are positively opened mechanically; their opening shall not be solely dependent on springs, or
(b) be SIL rated with a SIL equal to or greater than the SIL indicated for the applicable device shown in Table 2.26.4.3.2
I believed that sharing this information could also be beneficial for you as well and maybe help preventing injury and death.
Smartrise is really really not impressing me at all. They completely forgot to put the line reactor in the controller (it's on the prints). And the battery lowering device unit was defective, wouldn't charge the batteries. Called them for a warranty part. They sent me a new one. The new ones missing the fuse holder on the bottom of the board, I called and asked if I'd gotten a different version, guy says no its on there in the picture we took before shipping. It's in the bottom of the box. The entire fuse holder was never soldered, not broke off I mean the leads were brand new and contact pads were perfect, they put it on and never soldered it, then shipped it out and it fell off. Guy acts suprised and says they make those in house. Sends me a third unit, I asked that they actually test the third one before shipping. The third im pretty aint charging either but I'm not dealing with it until the rest of the cars adjusted out then I'll come back to it.
SIL stands for safety integrity level and represents a reliability factor of a safety product.
For example, SIL 1 means there is a 99.9% certainty that the product will function as needed.
SIL 2 takes that to 99.99%.
SIL 3 goes to 99.999%.
The table in section 2.26.4.3.2 says the inspection switch should be SIL 3.
For the code to give an "either or option", that is mechanically activated or SIL rated does not make sense. It should be SIL rated period. Just because a manufacturer can claim a switch is "mechanically activated" does not mean that it has the same safety integrity as a SIL3 rated device.