Elevator Forum

Burnish Brakes Kone...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Burnish Brakes Kone Motors

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,524 Views
 Kyo
(@Kyo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38702]
What’s your thoughts on burnishing brakes on kone MRLS?



   
Quote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What’s your process of doing it?



   
ReplyQuote
 Kyo
(@Kyo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Basically putting both coils together and running the car in machine room to burn in the brakes. I want to see others opinions on it. I don’t personally do it but I know others that like to



   
ReplyQuote
(@LocalJoe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have done it a few times, when brakes on edge of holding 125% during Cat 5 testing. Our adjuster does it often just be careful not to over due it and wait a while till they cool down. IMO its a last resort when not holding. Just my 2 cents.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve never done it on a KONE machine but don’t think I’d hesitate to do it carefully if it couldn’t quite hold 125%. It’s standard procedure for TK GD machine brakes.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top