Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

BKG dumb waiter

17 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
25 K Views
(@Bobthesparky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9859]
Hi everyone,

I'm bit of a novice when it come to lifts, however I am competent with many technical problems, drawings, layouts etc...
but this has got me stumped and I am hoping you guys with all your experience can please help 🙂

I'm an electrician who is trying to assist a restaurant owner who has had their dumb waiter stop working and has had an impact on business. Upon checking relevant fault codes etc I am still none the wiser. The lift stopped mid-transit and had to be brought back into original position manually.
The PCB controlling the lift is BKG PL620.
There is some LEDs lit upon the PCB they are as follows...

Number 1 Green (flickers)
Number 2 Not lit
Number 3 Green (lit solid)
Number 4 Green (lit solid)

Any help would be very much appreciated, I do have some pics if this would help.

Many thanks

Regards

Rob 🙂



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rob,
Everyone that has a elevator or in this case a dumb waitor is impacted when it is shut down. And like many others they are forced to use the stairs. His lift is a useful piece of equipment, but is it vital to the businesses survival?

Have you ever heard the expression "no good deed goes unpunished".

From the way your post sounds you are not licensed or insured to work on this type of equipment. For me offering you advice on how to work on this is an accident waiting to happen. Would you tell a home owner how to install a generator transfer switch so they can save a little money?

Do yourself a favor let the restaurant owner know your insurance won't cover you working on his equipment. And wish him the best...



   
ReplyQuote
 RCD
(@RCD)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tell him to get a hand powered dumbwaiter, they hardly break down.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
His question and avatar pic makes tons of sense.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobthesparky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the professional response... Sheesh!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobthesparky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes you are right, however I didn't think food was that important. My bad.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No what's important is making sure someone who isn't trained or qualified from killing themselfs or others. Don't install elevator equipment if you don't plan on getting a qualified company to perform service. This board does not exist for some joe to find how to fix a elevator to save his buddy money.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobthesparky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok I get it, can we just leave it there please. And he's not my buddy.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rob,
I believe your intentions were kind. I'm sure in your industry you wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. So keep in mind some of us maturer gentlemen can be ardent in safety.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobthesparky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I understand that, I only wanted to advise my client as he recently consulted a lift company and they wanted to replace every component at great expense, so you can understand when he wanted another opinion.



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Another lift company would be the place to get a second opinion.

I wouldn't ask my carpet guy for a second opinion on my cars transmission.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobthesparky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for the valuable input. You are all so helpful. Instead of somebody saying, sorry you are in the wrong place we cannot help, I've been blasted with sarcastic comments in an attempt to belittle and condesend, please nobody else comment unless it's an helpful technical suggestion.



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You are the one trying to work on equipment that you lack both the skill and qualifications to work on.

You are in the wrong place, we cannot help, now go away.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobthesparky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Where did I say I was going to work on the equipment?

Thank you Keyboard Warrior. You have been most helpful[b][/b]



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In your opening post!

You listed the LEDs and asked for our help. Now it's as if you are denying that you are trying to trouble-shoot the equipment.

No one is questioning your ability as an electrician. But you are NOT INSURED, LICENSED OR TRAINED to service any type of lift equipment.

It's obvious no one wants to offer you advice. And it's your choice to keep this thread going...



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top