Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Ascension 1000

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.7 K Views
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26075]
A general question about the Ascension 1000. I have found 3 out of 5 cars that have the 12- power connected to the 5+ power terminal. Both the 5+ and 12- are being fed from the power supply and are at full power. Both are connected to the 5+ terminal block on top of the control cabinet. Does anyone know why this was originally done? The cars all run well enough wired either way. I’m just trying to figure out why this was done...Thanks 🍻



   
Quote
(@TCElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have a few of these units and have had to swap out power supply on all of them over the years I sent this to my mechanic who will be onsite tomarow I asked him to see if ours are that way out of curiousity.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That can’t be right. If you hook +5 to -12, besides the damage it would cause, they can’t possibly still read +5 and -12. They will read the same voltage. There is an old US bulletin to help with fluctuations on the 5v supply that says to run a jumper from TV-2 to the unused 5v pin on the power supply, J7 pin 3. And from TV-46 to HB1-4 for common.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TCElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree we checked and the discription does not seem correct.
Are you using an ip8300 selector or different ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TCElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you sure its a 1000?



   
ReplyQuote
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They are 1000 hydros for sure. And yes I know it sounds crazy. My hunch was that these were sabotage issues. As I said we have other cars that are wire this way and others that are not.. The company that lost this contract has a fellow who is known for diabolical bs like this. I wanted to be sure before I got upset..I’d like to think the world was full of honest good folks but reality shows me we have others among us. I will remove the 12- from the 5+ on the other jobs that have it if your guys are not aware of some strange factory fix for some other issue. It seems wrong to me. Thanks for,your input..🙏🏼



   
ReplyQuote
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The selector is the interface products model . I’m sorry I don’t remember what the date tag number said



   
ReplyQuote
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you very much 😀🙏🏼



   
ReplyQuote
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don’t mean that it sounds crazy or not correct. I mean it is physically impossible to connect +5 and -12 (or any other voltages) together and have them not read the same voltage, they’re at the same potential. I Don’t know what voltage it would be but they can’t be different. You have to be missing something. Take one of the cars that you think has +5 and -12 connected together and put a jumper from +5 to -12 on HB1 pins 2-3 or on one of the J plugs on the Buss Board pins 2-3 and see what happens.



   
ReplyQuote
(@muggzy65)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks.. I’ll give t a shot



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top