Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Another Mystery

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13 K Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14153]
Anyone recognize this one

Thanks

PS: Pretty need job

Attachments
IMG_20150506_112212.jpg (1.32 MB, 104 downloads)
IMG_20150506_112223.jpg (1.33 MB, 75 downloads)



   
Quote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where is this thing located? Looks kinda like a 1970s to early 80s Virginia Controls hydro, especially if the starter is located in a separate enclosure. Although, it almost looks homemade, there was a small contractor in my area in the 1980s that built a few like that himself for the more simple basic non powered door hydro freight jobs with no options. Almost kinda looks like yours if I remember correctly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@chicago)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
???
2 guesses......
1. ERM
Or
2. Elevator Systems/ Elevator Control system out of NY or NJ. Still in busines.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm with ABE!
It looks like an Virgina 80s unit. Right down to the style of the panel mounted relays...

One thing I remember was the blue and silver foil labels they would put on the controller. They where 2-3" tall by 5-6" wide. Any trace of a label missing?



   
ReplyQuote
(@jj5phil)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I worked on a similar controller a few years back, for some reason I thought it was A CJ Anderson controller. We may still have it on contract, I will check our maint. database.

Last edited by jj5phil; 05/14/15 07:23 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That was my vote.it looks just like a cj Anderson That we have



   
ReplyQuote
 BRG
(@BRG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: jj5phil
I worked on a similar controller a few years back, for some reason I thought it was A CJ Anderson controller. We may still have it on contract, I will check our maint. database.

That was my first guess.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hotsauce)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think its a Schumacher Controller. I have one on my route that's a little newer than that but looks identical. And believe it or not Schumacher is still in business, I got prints for the job from them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@HereWeGo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not VC....I have worked on them since the beginning



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks You Guys



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ballroom)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In Portugal we don't have that kinda of controller.
But it is for sure a kind of relay controller 😆



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top