Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
01/06/2017 3:52 am
Does anyone have a write up for adding a hall card reader to a tac20 lon job?
I have IMS and the security company landed wires from a dry contact to the controller already.
I have IMS and the security company landed wires from a dry contact to the controller already.
01/06/2017 4:34 am
You have to switch HCIE at the fixture.
01/06/2017 1:12 pm
if you have IMS open IO screen select io port/pin right click you want to add it to select add or change IO hit backspace to clear add the IO click ok push reset button to flash it on boot reload job on its
Last edited by maytag man; 06/01/17 05:27 AM.
01/06/2017 1:32 pm
However, you are going to have to know the right nemonic (io NAME,s) to add and you are going to have to change type of security and add IO for the activation of security usually SOA
and know where you are going to add them you have to learn the IO map for the 186E board Usually CON7 is empty on TAC 20
and know where you are going to add them you have to learn the IO map for the 186E board Usually CON7 is empty on TAC 20
01/06/2017 11:51 pm
That's fine for car call security but I am not aware of any IO that can be added to lock out hall calls on a TAC20. FL inputs were only added for 32 bit equipment.
02/06/2017 4:39 am
HCLA ,cow 5,13 5,14 type 8 sec
Last edited by maytag man; 06/01/17 08:41 PM.
02/06/2017 7:46 am
So I see you can set CS5-13 or activate an HCLA input to enable hall call lockout. Would you use HLO_ for override inputs? As recently as 2 months ago I had 2 regional trainers tell me there is no way to do this so I would love to get it to work.
02/06/2017 8:05 am
I found it! DLO_ for down hall call override and ULO_ for up hall call override. Awesome thank you! I also see FLO_ for floor lockout override, maybe that overrides up and down?
Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 06/02/17 12:14 AM.
02/06/2017 10:46 am
I am trying to remember, think I used THLK for total hall lockout, then set mine up for FLOx. Been a super long time since I fired up a TAC20, I can look through notes if you need.
There was also an ass backwards way in IMS to set the original locks. In the monitor screen, you can see calls, both halls and car. Right click on it and you can set locks through there, then FLOx for the unlocks, and I believe it was still CLOx for the cars side.
05/06/2017 12:44 am
Ok so I have a 188E on my coffee table jumped out so it thinks it's on Auto and tries to take hall calls. This works:
S10=9, S19=1 this puts car on security but hall calls won't be locked until THLK is added in the car and group and grounded (HCLA didn't work.) Add FLO1, FLO2, etc IOs in car and group, ground to override that floor lock.
If you haven't added I/Os like this before, usually port/con 8 has spare I/Os. These inputs only work at the group level so you have to match port 8 in the car and group IO map to be able to ground the car I/O and have the IO change state in the group.
S10=9, S19=1 this puts car on security but hall calls won't be locked until THLK is added in the car and group and grounded (HCLA didn't work.) Add FLO1, FLO2, etc IOs in car and group, ground to override that floor lock.
If you haven't added I/Os like this before, usually port/con 8 has spare I/Os. These inputs only work at the group level so you have to match port 8 in the car and group IO map to be able to ground the car I/O and have the IO change state in the group.
05/06/2017 1:58 am
IDWT...Thanks for the info!
05/06/2017 2:41 am
I don't think I was clear on "matching" the car and group IOs. A better way to say it is the IO maps have to "Line up." There will only be a few IOs in both the car and hall IO maps like FSM, FSX, EPNP, etc. Open both IO maps and drag the group map right above the car so that the matching ports line up, in this case column 5 in the car has FSM, FSX, FSE, EPNP and matches column 1 in the group. So if you use port 8, port 8 lines up with port 4 in the group so make column 4 in the group look the same as column 8 in the car. Picture