Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

6300KY8 - TAC20

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,148 Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#25538]
I have a bad 6300KY8 board in a TAC20 and need to replace it with a KY10. This is the 188E board and it appears to have many physical part differences form the KY8. Are these boards compatible?



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes. But you do need a newer generic software, don’t remember which one. Do you know what’s involved replacing this board?



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
If you have any information to share on changing out a KY8 with a KY10 I'd appreciate it. Not sure how I'll find newer sw.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Regardless which board you use, you still need to load generic software and a job file. If the board is not functional to do a transfer download to get the job file out of it, you will need to get it from TK. Most likely it will be unadjusted and you will have to start from scratch. There is a chance there is a backup on site on a USB if it’s newer or a floppy if it’s old. The trickier part is the LON management. You will need a LON Config file that, like the job file, you can either get out of the old 188E, find it on the job, or get from TK. Then you need the LONtalk adapter and cable to load the config and build your LON tree, find nodes, etc. Do you have any experience with Advanced LON Manager?



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Very little LON experience. I have the LON talk adapter and cable. I was able to download all the files from another car that is identical to this one...2 stop...front opening only,,,no special features. Will that work to push to the 188E board?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It’s not right but it might work. I would not bet that they are truly identical though. Could cause a lot of frustration if the LON config is slightly different or an I/O in a different place. If the car has a UIT, it will not work anymore. And you will still need the generic software files. You can’t get them from a transfer download.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top