Elevator Forum

5 Year Full load te...
 
Notifications
Clear all

5 Year Full load testing opinions

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,519 Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#6244]
I just what everyone's overall feeling about 5 year full load. On GSA contracts we do high speed buffer testing. Tears up everything and we got to eat the cost of repairs.

High speed Gov testing I have no issue with or 125 drop and hold

But that high speed full load into the buffer isn't my cup of tea



   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I also hate running cars full speed into the buffers.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Make sure the buffers are topped off with oil, before slamming them. Sometimes they are not shipped new with a full compliment of oil, and nobody bothers to check them. After that, everyone assumes that somebdy else must have set them up, but "no one ever did".

A half-full buffer looks like it's working ok, but provides less energy dissipation. Don't want that ceiling falling down!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ibconelson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Really bad when you forget to secure safeties and hit the counterweight buffer, you only make that mistake twice.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They were prolly shipped before I was born. But before 5 year testing I go thru everything buffers, safeties, Gov, request a helped to paint the machine room floors and buffer the car out and make sure the thing returns.

GSA contracts we have to do annuals twice a year, and 5 years to the full extent of the testing by the book.

I was on the dumb end of full loads a year and half ago pushing weight. The mechanic running the test forgot to bring the car to us and let us take the weight out and tie up the car safeties. Took a repair team a full days to fix that mistake. The mono mass was wedged up good, both safeties set and the marble floor inide the cab was busted up.

That guy is a really good resident guy just got ahead of himself, cleanest Fuji job with MGS in the state of TX



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top