Elevator Forum

330a qks16-VF to ga...
 
Notifications
Clear all

330a qks16-VF to gal movfe2500 linear

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,456 Views
(@CotterPin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#28356]
Good day everyone,

Client is thinking of moving from the existing schindler 330a with a qks16-VF operator (with eci 890) locks to a GAL movfe 2500 linear door operator. I just got this on our route and I'm wondering how difficult of a switch this will be for them. I'm wondering if any of you have swapped one out, how it went and what to look for.

Thanks for any feedback.



   
Quote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We did one so far to replace the obsolete Schindler motor and VF drive. We kept all the mechanical schindler/ECI components and just replaced the door motor, VF drive and limits with the individual GAL MOVFE components. It really wasn't too bad. I would say the most difficult part was mounting the new GAL motor to line up to the existing Schindler drive sheave.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve done 1, took 2 days, works great. Make sure you order the tensioning bracket for the motor. I ended up mounting deep strut to the car top and using 1/2” all thread to support all 4 corners and have infinite adjustability. I was told some configurations allow you to just bolt the motor flange to the existing sheet metal bracket but mine wasn’t that easy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@CotterPin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
good feedback thanks gents. GAL supplies the Unistrut along with a new door track so we will change motor, track, clutch, restrictor & interlocks. Existing system goes to c.o.p module, and then back to controller, we will bypass the c.o.p module and go right back to control.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can’t really bypass the CIO... I/O is serial back to the controller.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top