Elevator Forum

3300 STM Replacemen...
 
Notifications
Clear all

3300 STM Replacement (Belt Monitor)

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,848 Views
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39107]
Does anyone have information on replacing a defective belt monitor (PBM) board on these units? It sounds like only Schindler is able to program the replacement boards from what Adams is telling me?



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've never seen a 3300 with a belt monitor. Didn't even know they offered it. They use trip counters on the 3300s I've worked on



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have the North American version, this doc should be of aid to you: https://firstchroniclesproductions.... trol%20System%20Basics%20REV%200.3.5.pdf



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That’s what I’ve heard, it sounds like it might be a California only thing. It is a similar setup to the Otis PULSE units.
Attachments
IMG_3749.jpeg (1.58 MB, 33 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
All the belted units in California require something sort of resistance based monitoring. All have issues with connections to the belt cords.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Is there any documentation for these? Or
Any recommendations on dealing with them? I have 2 units that are getting belt faults. Both are less than 2 years old. So far I just swapped lanes to see if the problem follows or not.

I found a new cable on the job to connect from the belt to the PBM. Is there any tips or tricks for installing these cables? The metal teeth seem pretty flimsy.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top