Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

211 PAL Error

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,686 Views
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31810]
Hi All,

We've got a 211 or LVM (Otis installed new) that's giving us a little headache.

When the In Car Access keyswitch is turned, the car immediately goes out of service with a PAL error. I can see an "Illegal Interrupt" in the error log also.
I think we've verified that there is no conflict as far as other inputs doing something weird when the KS is turned.

MCSS wants to run as the KS is turned, as I see UPREADY and DNREADY change state.

I'm leaning toward the board, but thought I'd run it past you guys in case someone may have been through this before.

It's an ABA26800ALR1 , and of course Otis won't sell a board. If anyone knows where/how to get one, please let me know.

Thanks very much

Dan



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Feel like I saw this with a bad inspection switch on the car top but I’d have to look into that to refresh memory



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah this is a tough one. IIRC, that PAL fault has to do with a mismatch with Logic and Program. We had a unit that only on car top inspection, if you opened an intermediate hall door, boom…PAL and then you were stuck on the car top until a disconnect power cycle was introduced. PITA.
Otis said at the time we had to remove the bad board, send it in and they’d fix the issue. Not sure how this turned out as it was years ago, but a three week down car didn’t sound too appealing to the customer.
Good luck.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The PAL error says that hardware and software don't match.

I had another board giving us occasional problems that we sent in to Otis, and they did a good job repairing it. It was a duplex though. This one is a simplex.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top