Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
04/05/2014 11:41 pm
For some reason the magnet in the floor controller is not engaging
I ordered a new coil - however, it came in to small
Though, they say there is power at the coil and it should not be the coil
Any other ideas would be appreciated -
I ordered a new coil - however, it came in to small
Though, they say there is power at the coil and it should not be the coil
Any other ideas would be appreciated -
05/05/2014 3:40 am
Pawl magnet? Haven't worked on an Otis selector with one in many moons. Take the solenoid out and clean it.
05/05/2014 10:16 am
Kinda confused. "They said there is power at the coil and it should not be the coil". Who is they? Just because there is power coming to coil does not mean the coil is good. Is there another coil that you could compare the ohms on. Im just trying to understand to better help on your question.
05/05/2014 8:31 pm
When reading voltage at the coil,what did you reference to?in other words + lead one side of the coil and the minus lead to ground?
Try putting +lead on one side of the coil and the - lead on the other side.
Pay attention to AC or Dc.
Try putting +lead on one side of the coil and the - lead on the other side.
Pay attention to AC or Dc.
05/05/2014 9:34 pm
By calling this a floor controller and not a selector, this sounds like its coming from a non mechanic. If it is a selector, these things confuse the best mechanics, so I wouldn't be mucking around with this as you can pile it up very easily and then you are in a world of pain. Ultimately you will have to test the continuity of the coil.
06/05/2014 12:14 am
Beth,
When I read someone's post that doesn't appear to be from an industry professional, I am concerned for the safety of the people who ride this elevator.
When I read someone's post that doesn't appear to be from an industry professional, I am concerned for the safety of the people who ride this elevator.
If you are a building manager/ owner please say so. We all have the same goal! To help...
When you posted "they" are you speaking of the elevator mechanic from the elevator service company?
Every elevator manufacturer produces different models. Every model is made up of many components. If you are not sure what you have please post a picture in the photo gallery. We will help you identify the equipment you have.