Elevator Forum

1925 Otis Geared MG...
 
Notifications
Clear all

1925 Otis Geared MG Car with Deadman Switch

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,924 Views
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#17410]
I'm looking for any info or prints I can find on this elevator. Controller number 63798. Wiring diagram number 4685. I have a really rough print that shows the controller and car as 2 different entities without any info on their connection. And there are no terminal markings left on the panel.

Specifically the problem I'm having is the safe relay picks with 50vdc (doesn't seem right). And when a run is attempted, the direction and brake relay try and fail to pick with only 30vdc. If they are helped it runs. All the power I can trace looks good, aftermarket power supply makes 230 vdc, checked all connections and shunts, repaired a couple problems but no change.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well I got a good print, looks like control voltage comes from the exciter. Not something I considered since the car runs if I help the direction and brake relays pick.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It's funny how simple these things look until you really get into something. Most of the big relays have 2 coils, seems to be a pick coil and a hold coil. My problem was an open SR resistor so the S relay would pick and drop repeatedly but no voltage to the holding coil.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top