Elevator Forum

1059 enc recal faul...
 
Notifications
Clear all

1059 enc recal fault - please god I need help

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
351 Views
 Drui
(@Drui)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41503]
Hi. I’m having persistent issues with this fault in many places I go. I ask because I’m having multiple cars begin to have 1059 encoder recal error.

Tac5004

Verified pos encoder input while bumping car on insp 1fpm via ioc, changed encoder, resat connections, cleaned gov sheave, and then changed ioc as per ITS. Ran hw scan on 15 fpm and count will hold until I take of DD and a passenger uses it, count will begin to take a Crap

One car the encoder board change worked.

Another car after I replaced ioc and still the issue persisted. cleaned the gov sheave it worked 2 weeks and came back. Replaced the encoder in that one and still happening

Another car takes a Crap immediately after hw scan.

A job I’m at today has a 1059 error. Wtf is my life

I don’t know what to do. ITS said encoder, IOC, cpu.. but cpu failing on all these cars I doubt it.

Last edited by Drui; 09/11/26 12:42 PM.


   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Check the Allen screws that attach the encoder to the gov shaft whether gov mounted or motor end shaft.
Mark the gov cable and the sheave (white stripe) run the car and see if the two marks are the same. Rope slip is what I’m talking about.
Check for tail sheave tension, or sheave resting on the pit floor.
Weird that it’s on several cars.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It could be interference. The encoder shield needs to be grounded.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top