Elevator Forum

worm & gear conditi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

worm & gear conditions

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,672 Views
(@skydogsailor)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8071]
I have a gear bottoming.
how do I evaluate scope of work to correct?
remove for undercut?
just shim gear up?
I believe this is an old very small Armor machine but not sure, absolutely no markings.



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Why is it bottoming out. What type of bearings are they? Babbitt, ball, or pin? We have an old otis s o b that has Babbitt bearings. The pedestal next to the sheave is noticeably worn.

Once you know why you can suggest to replace the machine. Or call Titan machine in NY. We have them perform hoist machine repairs for us.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skydogsailor)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
the outboard, sheave side is a stationary, possibly eccentric shaft with a roller bearing in the sheave. the gear side I can see the shaft turn under an inspection plate. no idea what's in the pedestal. don't want to expose anything before I'm more informed. Can't imagine the transition in the spider from movement to stationary. Would love an exploded view of the machine.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Take several pictures of the hoist machine. Them send the pictures and a description to

[email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top