Elevator Forum

need a little help ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

need a little help with pre test

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,142 Views
(@lawrence)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8070]
hello everyone out there my name is Lawrence and ive recently requested ,received and submitted my app with local 140.i have a test on august 22, now I know I need 70% to pass but im shooting for 100% of coarse.ive been looking online for a pre test of some sort but cant find anything.if anyone on here could help me out I greatly appreciate it.if you don't know of a download, could you just let me know what I should look into studying. thanks Lawrence olivier



   
Quote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you are applying for a apprenticeship, then you will be a taking the mechanical aptitude test. It a very easy test it has nothing to do with elevators. It consists of simple algebra and questions over basic mechanical things. Before I got into the trade I took the test for Dow Chemical, BASF and a couple other companies I applied too. For example they will show 3 gears together. It will show the first gear moving a certain direction and the question will be which way will the 3rd gear will turn. Simple algebra like 2x+10=20 solve for x. Just read the questions, understand what they are asking and take your time. Good Luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't worry about the test too much, just like sbrmilitia said, it's just common sense stuff. The test is just to weed out dummies.



   
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
thx a bunch im no dummie so I should be fine...just gotta nail the interview..you guys took a wieght off my shoulder have a good day thx again



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top