Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/09/2014 11:39 pm
Greetings All,
I will be retiring from the military in a couple of years, and have started to look at what I want to do when I grow up. The Elevator Constructor/Mechanic careerfield caught my eye. I am retiring after 20 years of service though, and am curious if employers or Unions will even consider me since I'll be just about 40 years old with no elevator expierience. I have some general contractor expierience, but very little electrical. I am in good physical condition and have no injuries or limitations that would restrict my job performance. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
I will be retiring from the military in a couple of years, and have started to look at what I want to do when I grow up. The Elevator Constructor/Mechanic careerfield caught my eye. I am retiring after 20 years of service though, and am curious if employers or Unions will even consider me since I'll be just about 40 years old with no elevator expierience. I have some general contractor expierience, but very little electrical. I am in good physical condition and have no injuries or limitations that would restrict my job performance. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by DBryant; 09/03/14 03:47 PM.
04/09/2014 1:21 am
Well I am a vet myself I got out and am 29 now there are a few vets on here and from what I can tell (I am still on the apprentice list waiting to go to work) the locals like vets and there was someone on one of these forums who was 40 starting over. So I would say no you're not too old. Go for it, it seems like a great field.
Topic starter
22/09/2014 1:05 am
Thanks TxVet. I appreciate the response.