Elevator Forum

TAC-20 Programming
 
Notifications
Clear all

TAC-20 Programming

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
11.2 K Views
(@Elevate66)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21756]
Thank you in advance for reading.
Having a problem reprogramming a new OEM TAC 20 CPU board. The laptop won't communicate with the board to reload the software. Pulls up a "Node is not online" error. Have tried to transfer eeprom, but the files emailed from Thyssen aren't eeprom files, they're .dat files, and the IMS program doesn't recognize them as eeprom, which they may not be anyway. The laptop recognizes the #1 elevator on the duplex and can transfer files back and forth, but it doesn't connect properly to the #2 elevator(2 stop duplex). I know it connects because the reload button becomes available when I plug it in, even though it won't allow me to reload the files.
Any idea where to go from here? Thanks again.

Respectfully,



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well unless you did a transfer with IMS there are no files to upload. The .dat files are to be uploaded with hyperterminal using the reset and UDL buttons to get into Zmodem mode to send the .dat files to cpu and Memory. If you had previously transferred the file you could have uploaded that one with IMS.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevate66)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Rolly,

Thanks for the response. No, no transfer was done. Board was fried from power surge/outage. So if I upload the emailed files I received from Thyssen to a jump drive and plug that into the USB on the I/O-A board I should be able to make the transfer?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Your in the wrong area of the forum.. post under correct topic.



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I can't wait to know what the hell all that means...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What that means is Post to Technical Questions and not here where people looking to get into industry post.. DUH!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevate66)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
My apologies Rolly, I was new to the site. Thanks for the heads up.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top