Elevator Forum

On the local 23 ran...
 
Notifications
Clear all

On the local 23 ranked list

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,650 Views
(@Randy23)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#6514]
Hello elevator mechanics!!!!

how nice for find a forum.

So I made the ranked list for local 23, but I'm not real happy with my ranking, number 80 out of well over a hundred. I'm 39 years old and looking to make a career change (am I nuts to start in a construction trade in my 40's) I've been a cinema repair tech for the past 14 years, so I have a good background in mechanical, electrical, electronics and comupter work, but my construction experience is limited to installing theatres. I'm also told that if I get my welding cert my ranking will improve, so that's next on my to do list and hopefully it will improve my ranking dramatically.

Anyway, it would be nice to get some insight and opinions from those of you in the trade.



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Welcome aboard 🙂 Its never too late or too early to start-good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@tommycakes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Randy if you are in a union they usually don't "rank" you.......unions are all for one and one for all !



   
ReplyQuote
(@Randy23)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Great attitude! But I am on the ranked pool of applicants list for new hires. Number 80 means 79 others get called for work before me.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On the positive side there are about 40 behind you. A few BIG jobs can clear that list pretty quickly, but if Portland is like the rest of the country, it only comes in dribs and drabs. Hang in there you might have to wait a while but eventually you'll get called.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Randy23)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
After 3 terms of practice at a local community college, I did it! I passed my e7018 certification test. I tested for 3g and 4g on 1/2 plate. Now it's time to get re - ranked and hopefully get to work soon. Feeling pretty excited here



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top