Elevator Forum

New to the forum an...
 
Notifications
Clear all

New to the forum and new to elevators

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,890 Views
(@hobart)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37567]
Hello all, new guy here in more ways than one. Consider myself a self made elevator mechanic out of necessity. I live in an old 4th generation family house in Point Clear, Alabama built around 1920. We have an old Elevette Inclinator that's been working great since its install back then and I've become pretty well acquainted with it after logging many hours in the hot attic adjusting, tinkering and maintaining the thing. The latest problem I've run into has finally stumped me and led me to this forum. The brake pads on the drum have finally worn out (mainly due to the old solenoid not fully engaging/disengaging) and I can't for the life of me determine how to find replacements. Any help would be much appreciated.



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd call inclinator and talk to their parts folks. Most likely of that vintage it's obsolete and your not going to find pads. But it's worth a call

Any way you can post pictures? I've worked on and installed a ton of them and always liked working on the real old ones



   
ReplyQuote
(@hobart)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the response. I did talk to Inclinator and they won't sell parts to an individual. The local elevator place here in Mobile, Alabama will charge me $1200 for a service call and can't guarantee that they'll be able to do anything anyway. I'll take some pictures of the old girl when I get back in the attic and post them. It's certainly a neat piece of machinery.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Deathstar1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The local elevator company in Mobile Alabama that I work for does not charge $1200 for a service call, unless that call is on overtime or double time. At our billing rates labor costs the bill does pile up quickly. I’ve got a feeling that I have personally worked on this elevator at some point and like another poster said, the brake pads are likely obsolete. They could be removed and possibly taken to a brake shop so new pads could be put on. Thats what is done with older vintage traction machine brakes when it’s necessary. Just something to try.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top