I have just received a letter which stated I have been given a rank in the low 100's in their applicant pool. My question to you folks is what should my next step be? What are my chances of getting selected? The letter stated that they "do not know how many applicants will be selected into the program".
Should I give up and just keep sending resumes elsewhere?
I would greatly appreciate any responses!!
Good advice right there.
For your first 6 months you are on probation. You can be let go at any time for any reason. So show up on time ready to work and do not call in for any reason, if you are sick suck it up and go in. If you start at 7 be there at 6:45 and be ready to work at 7. #1 is listen, do what you are told, give a %100 effort, and if you do not feel comfortable doing something ask questions. Your safety if your number one priority.
Picking up the lingo is going to be your first challenge. We all make mistakes but try to minimize them the best you can. My first week on the job my mechanic asked me to bring him emery cloth and I brought him a box of rags. Carry a small notebook with you write down notes. If your mechanic gives you a task with multiple steps. Write them down so you wont forget. Treat any task no matter how big or small as your job depends on it and take pride in what you are doing.
When you get the chance to go to school. Never miss any classes, read your book, and be prepared every evening.
Good Luck
It has also been said you can make a little money in the Elevator Trade, but it helps to start with a lot of money.
Respectfully,
Robert L Krieger Jr.