Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Just heads up I called the local and they pushed me back two spots because of helmets to hard hats so now I'm 123



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
When I called the local he told me 13 people has gotten a call today so that will make me number 110 now



   
ReplyQuote
(@str8outtasj)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 49
 
What is helmets to hard hats? I spoke to Bruce business rep
. He said they call 14



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
I just googled it and it says it connects quality men and women from the armed forces with promising building and construction careers

Last edited by Eros; 05/19/17 09:17 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@str8outtasj)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 49
 
Ooohhh probably means I'm pushed too -_-



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
If he didn't say anything when you told him your number you probably didn't . I just know my number and the numbers after me were pushed back

Last edited by Eros; 05/19/17 09:37 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 116
 
They don't.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 116
 
Top out is up to the company. Sure $63.50 is mechanics rate (in that local) but you have foreman and adjusters rate that's 12.5% higher. But it's known that companies can and will pay more for quality people. Conversely, they don't care about probationary apprentices, so work your ass off. Cleaning not leaning. No cell phones work safe always.



   
ReplyQuote
(@str8outtasj)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 49
 
What's cleaning not "leaning" . How could they not care if they need a bunch of us right now and we're the future? Just sayin. Obviously don't be lazy though



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61
 
Yeah be proactive in the work place. There's always something to do, no time for standing around.



   
ReplyQuote
(@str8outtasj)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 49
 
That's pretty obvious. I'm sure everyone here knows how serious of an opportunity this is.



   
ReplyQuote
 Joel
(@joel)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 5
 
#12 here checking in and off the list heading in Tuesday for orientation. No idea what company I'll be working for just that its a fast and fluid situation. My inbox is open to any/all advice and is definitely appreciated.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Congrats Joel keep us updated when you can good luck!



   
ReplyQuote
(@str8outtasj)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 49
 
You gotta go down to the sf? You going to your other job Monday ? Lol damn I'm curious if you gonna be doin ot right away



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
On a side note.. What's every one currently doing for a job/career?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top