Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@joaquin)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 8
 
Hey guys, first post here. Ranked #302 after interview. Emailed James Leonard and he told me I've gone up to #227 they moved about 80 places



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61

   
ReplyQuote
(@the-one-true-moo)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 10
 
Just some insight, I think everyone is moving at the same speed. In July I called in to put myself in vacation mode (they skip you and put you back in the ranking if you're called while you're on vacation)

The guy I talked to also informed me I was 104 and not 101 which was what my email said, he mentioned I got bumped by a few candidates from helmets to hardhats.

As of last Friday I was ranked 14. According to what the guy told me that means 90 people have been called.



   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165

   
ReplyQuote
(@stacks415)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 32

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
I started at 123 so it makes me at rank 29. their phone line is down so the line re directed to a union steward and he said they have hired 94 ppl off the list



   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165

   
ReplyQuote
(@tincanjapan71)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 48

   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165

   
ReplyQuote
(@joaquin)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 8
 
I got an email about a week ago saying :

"You have previously received a passing score on the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test (EIAT). You will be contacted by email in the next few weeks to schedule you for an interview with our Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC)."



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 116
 
Originally Posted by Joaquin
I got an email about a week ago saying :

"You have previously received a passing score on the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test (EIAT). You will be contacted by email in the next few weeks to schedule you for an interview with our Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC)."

Did you apply to any other apprenticeships? Like Reno? I only ask because I applied to several locals before I got hired and since you only have to take the EIAT once, you get that email when they file other other test takers.



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61
 
Originally Posted by hog451
Originally Posted by Joaquin
I got an email about a week ago saying :

"You have previously received a passing score on the Elevator Industry Aptitude Test (EIAT). You will be contacted by email in the next few weeks to schedule you for an interview with our Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC)."

Did you apply to any other apprenticeships? Like Reno? I only ask because I applied to several locals before I got hired and since you only have to take the EIAT once, you get that email when they file other other test takers.

Reno is in Local 8 territory. There wouldnt be a Reno apprenticeship, or a Reno local.

Last edited by westcoast; 11/18/17 08:47 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top