Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Ext1nct
Originally Posted By: hog451
How about you don't call, and you wait patiently. The local is most likely tired of the callers. Listen, Skilledbutcher is right, don't get hung up on the list. You are going to wait, and wait and wait.

You're not from the bay area are you? No where else would the list move as fast as it has here. Cranes are popping up like rabbits -- and cranes mean lots of jobs. The point of this thread was to keep each other updated so we're not all calling as much. Let's stay optimistic

Uh...I was number 12 in Austin, Texas...one of the fastest growing cities in the US....granted the bay area is growing fast but trust me...if u see all the cranes in Austin you would THINK they would be calling ppl left and right...trust me that is exactly what i was thinking as well...A lot if it has to do with the types of elevators and what kind....how big of a crew they need ...how many mods are they doing , repair work...laid off guys on the list...way WAY to many factors...and trust me ..as fast as they call u they can lay u off and u will be out back on the bench ... hopefully not Long, but it can be a few months



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Local 8 isnt in one city though, not even just the Bay Area, its all of Northern California. Norcals population is estimated at 15 million. Thats a huge area to cover for everything elevators.

I think most of us like to know what number the list is on so we can get things in order with our current work situations too. Since you said as quick as you get called you can be laid off. I know I'd like to leave my job in good standing when I get the call so I can be able to come back should I get laid of.

Last edited by westcoast; 07/12/17 09:20 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: skilledbutcher73
Originally Posted By: Ext1nct
Originally Posted By: hog451
How about you don't call, and you wait patiently. The local is most likely tired of the callers. Listen, Skilledbutcher is right, don't get hung up on the list. You are going to wait, and wait and wait.

You're not from the bay area are you? No where else would the list move as fast as it has here. Cranes are popping up like rabbits -- and cranes mean lots of jobs. The point of this thread was to keep each other updated so we're not all calling as much. Let's stay optimistic

Uh...I was number 12 in Austin, Texas...one of the fastest growing cities in the US....granted the bay area is growing fast but trust me...if u see all the cranes in Austin you would THINK they would be calling ppl left and right...trust me that is exactly what i was thinking as well...A lot if it has to do with the types of elevators and what kind....how big of a crew they need ...how many mods are they doing , repair work...laid off guys on the list...way WAY to many factors...and trust me ..as fast as they call u they can lay u off and u will be out back on the bench ... hopefully not Long, but it can be a few months

Well, books are empty and the calls keep coming, so I'm sure many of us are getting excited as our ticket gets closer. Again, the point of this thread was to keep each other informed so we know when its getting close... Whether its 2 weeks from now or a year and a half. I like to stay prepared so its nice to know that other people have the same mindset and are calling to find out.

Lay offs go hand in hand with construction, I'm well aware -- but our foot is in the door once the call comes in. One can only hope it continues



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called, still at 61 that makes me 62



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called, still at 61 that makes me 62



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tincanjapan71)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Someone must have been put on the bench im currently 38 and was at 37... so that would mean they are on number 60



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stacks707)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys new to the forum just found this, I think it's pretty cool. Has anyone know the updated rank?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tincanjapan71)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I called last week they are currently on number 62. What rank are you at? Welcome to the forum



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stacks707)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If they are at 62 I should be ranked currently at 46. I'm excited I'm counting down the days and I'm losing it lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tincanjapan71)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Lol man im right there with you. Im currently at 36 and from what i hear things will be picking up really soon so they will need a lot more people. Maybe in th next two months we will be called



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
July was a slow month but I also heard it should be picking back up



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just called they are at rank number 67 . So I am now 56



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stacks707)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the update Eros!! I was gonna call next week. Tysennkrupp is actually working on an elevator at my work. I see them everyday it's not making it easier to wait lol



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No problem. Haha I bet lol.. had someone tell me today they're going to pick back up start calling a bunch of people in so we're almost there



   
ReplyQuote
 Esco
(@Esco)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm currently 117 from 176 back from May 19 anyoy New apprentices on here can tell us what happens after the call?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top