Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Str8outtasj
Just got the call tonight on Sunday. So I would say they're on 25 now. Orientation tomorrow in sf. I will they back on here afterwards and let you guys know everything. Good luck and congrats everyone!

Congrats man! Can't wait to hear the deets.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was at orientation at 8am. There was actually traffic because of an accident on the bay bridge. I had to call and say I would be thirty! Minutes late. I felt horrible. Luckyily the dude hit that same traffic and was cool about it. He was all business and straight to the point with paperwork going as fast as he could to get me to the company, but not in a bad way but cause the company wants you to get into the field as soon as possible lol it seemed.... hall didn't give me any tools but maybe the company might. I was at the hall doing so much paper work and then had to go over to the kone office to do more paperwork and I gotta go back again for a 4 hour online course then I think I'll be in the field. I asked and the guy said he had more guys coming this week for orientation so it's definitely moving. And there's only 2 guys instead of 4 making calls because 2 are out on vacation. He said channel locks screwdriver and tape measure . The company I'm gonna work for gave me an $85 voucher for redwing boots and anything on top you pay the rest. Gonna get steal toe boots tomorrow. Steel toe in mandatory. They're also gonna give me like $300 in clothes lol insurance kicks in after 6 months. There's a lot of responsibility on our part man. It's no joke.

Ps I don't ever recommend the bay bridge. 101 or 280 all the way!
I'll be with kone as a hiree out of sf which kinda sucks cause I'm in Sj. But they can really send you as far as Bakersfield if they want. But they take care of you in regards to hotels and paying for meals when you travel etc etc.

If you guys have any questions let me know on here or private message! One love!



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the info str8!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tincanjapan71)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thats awesome man, what number are they on right now? And you just get placed at random?



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats man.

Quick question: Did you have to pay union dues or not until after probation?



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The company will give you a safety bag. You have to get a pocket knife and s stick rule. That's all the tools you need. No union dues, because you are not members of the union. There are probationary dues. You have one year to prove yourself, during that year the company or union can let you go without any reason.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Tincanjapan71
Thats awesome man, what number are they on right now? And you just get placed at random?

They're probably around 28 right now. Yes you get placed randomly. He said he wanted to try and accommodate my living in Sj area but there's just to much work in sf. So it's as though my home address to them is now sf lol. Better then Reno or Bakersfield I guess.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Called the hall earlier today , lady said they're on number 24. I will call again Friday.

Last edited by Eros; 06/06/17 11:36 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Eros
Called the hall earlier today , lady said they're on number 24. I will call again Friday.

that's weird because I was 24.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah I thought the same thing I guess she meant they have called up to the number 24... I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if they did an update



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Str8outtasj
Originally Posted By: Eros
Called the hall earlier today , lady said they're on number 24. I will call again Friday.

that's weird because I was 24.

Have you started working yet? Whats it been like?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Str8outtasj)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: westcoast
Originally Posted By: Str8outtasj
Originally Posted By: Eros
Called the hall earlier today , lady said they're on number 24. I will call again Friday.

that's weird because I was 24.

Have you started working yet? Whats it been like?

Yes it's been good so far. There is tons and tons to take in though it's crazy. It it's also really awesome and I'm glad to be here!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Tincanjapan71)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Theyre on 35 currently if anyone was wondering. Hopefully it goes by faster, i am currently number 63



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ext1nct)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Tincanjapan71
Theyre on 35 currently if anyone was wondering. Hopefully it goes by faster, i am currently number 63

Awesome, thanks for the update



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for the update. I can't see the list moving faster than this though. It's not even been a month and they're on 35. There are many locals across the country that can go months without any movement at all. A cleared bench and a moving list is a blessing.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top