Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - SF

544 Posts
41 Users
0 Reactions
1.2 M Views
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter   [#20183]
So I applied this past January and interviewed on 4/11/17. I think I did decent on it and feel I could be in the top 100 at least.

Who else applied to local 8? Lets post up our ranks once we get them and figure out how fast they're calling. I was told they expect to let us know early May and they need a lot of apprentices...



   
Quote
(@silly)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 215
 
Far be it for me to try and be a moderator here but, if you all keep posting topics for individual locals, this will turn into a very cluttered area. There is a topic for interview rankings, did you check there?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
I think it's just fine. If I'm in violation of any rules then please post it and I'll remove the topic. Otherwise if it bothers you, just don't click on it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@silly)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 215
 
Figured you would take it wrong. I have been in the trade for 16 years and I do check the other generic rankings thread, to see if I can be helpful in answering any questions. I was more trying to point out that if there were threads for every local individually, someone like me would be much less apt to going through them all. By all means continue with each unique thread if you feel like it is what you need.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
I had my interview on 3/29 and I did hear about the results coming in early May



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Silly
Figured you would take it wrong. I have been in the trade for 16 years and I do check the other generic rankings thread, to see if I can be helpful in answering any questions. I was more trying to point out that if there were threads for every local individually, someone like me would be much less apt to going through them all. By all means continue with each unique thread if you feel like it is what you need.

I'm on a few forums and when I read your previous post I thought you were another forum nazi -- But I understand your point. The more help the better by all means, I'm glad there is an experienced mechanic going through the posts.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Eros
I had my interview on 3/29 and I did hear about the results coming in early May

Sweet bro, good luck! I was nervous as heck.. How was your interview?



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
Thanks ! Good luck to you also ! I feel really good about my interview wasn't as bad as I thought it would be..the waiting game is killing me haha



   
ReplyQuote
(@david-ortiz)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 9
 
I'm glad there's a local 8 thread. I interviewed on 4/13 and felt like I did great. I don't have welding certs or any applicable experience so I'm very concerned about how that will affect my overall ranking. Does anyone have any idea how many apprentices this local took on last time?

Good luck guys!



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
I think they ended around 230-250



   
ReplyQuote
(@david-ortiz)
Active Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 9
 
That's a lot of apprentices. I'm just wondering how far down I'll be based solely on my lack of experience. I hope it's not too bad.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@eros)
Estimable Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 165
 
The latest list is still active and could of went passed 250 not sure.im talking about the list prior to the present one right now. But the present list should end in around two or three weeks once they rank interviewers



   
ReplyQuote
(@westcoast)
Trusted Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 61
 
Originally Posted By: David Ortiz
I'm glad there's a local 8 thread. I interviewed on 4/13 and felt like I did great. I don't have welding certs or any applicable experience so I'm very concerned about how that will affect my overall ranking. Does anyone have any idea how many apprentices this local took on last time?

Good luck guys!

Im in the same boat man. No applicable certs or expericence. I just hope I get a rank and a chance to prove myself. Good luck bro!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Eros
The latest list is still active and could of went passed 250 not sure.im talking about the list prior to the present one right now. But the present list should end in around two or three weeks once they rank interviewers

Yeah they've taken a lot of apprentices... hope it's not too saturated once its our turn haha. At the interview, Jim was saying that they had 130 probies within the past year alone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ext1nct)
Eminent Member
Joined: 17 years ago
Posts: 41
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: David Ortiz
That's a lot of apprentices. I'm just wondering how far down I'll be based solely on my lack of experience. I hope it's not too bad.

I didn't have any experience when I joined the IBEW apprenticeship. They just want someone that's teachable and dependable.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 37
Share:
Scroll to Top