Elevator Forum

Local 8 - Reno
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - Reno

89 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
128.4 K Views
(@Ry711)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I heard on the last list they only hired 12 people...could be wrong though...hopefully it will pick up after the new year



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Ry711
I heard on the last list they only hired 12 people...could be wrong though...hopefully it will pick up after the new year

Yeah man hopefully, a lot of people are retiring from what I hear.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElecTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
After they retire, other current mechanics might want to transfer there when spots open. I don't know what the true demand is but that could be a factor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by ElecTech
After they retire, other current mechanics might want to transfer there when spots open. I don't know what the true demand is but that could be a factor.

Yeah man thats true, I'm number 30 so it won't be probably next year for me to get hired and that's if I'm lucky, almost a year now and only 7 people have been hired as apprentices..



   
ReplyQuote
(@hog451)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
FYI if you think the baby boomers are going to retire you're right, they retired in 2007 when the economy tanked. There are 25k IUEC members how many retired last month? 16. How many from Local 8? 1.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
List is the same. The Reno list is basically done.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Happy one year anniversary to the Reno list thats moved only 7 spots..



   
ReplyQuote
(@fletcher)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I logged into the ICIMS site this morning and saw that my Past Job submittal for Local 8 Reno that completed last year seems to be gone. I was ranked 26. It now only shows that recent application for the norther California which I'm now waiting for an interview. has this happen to anyone else that is now working to be on both list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by fletcher
I logged into the ICIMS site this morning and saw that my Past Job submittal for Local 8 Reno that completed last year seems to be gone. I was ranked 26. It now only shows that recent application for the norther California which I'm now waiting for an interview. has this happen to anyone else that is now working to be on both list?

Yeah same here, I called last week though, she said I was in the early 30's



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ry711)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Happened to me to



   
ReplyQuote
(@fletcher)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ok, im sure its no big deal then. thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Moved two spots



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
List hasn't moved lol..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Heard some recent news, there going to be hiring off the list soon, how many no one knows..



   
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share:
Scroll to Top