Elevator Forum

Local 8 - Reno
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 8 - Reno

89 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
128.4 K Views
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
thanks man will do the same. im #38, when do you think we will most likely get called in?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TimeTraveler)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's just too early to tell right now.

I think when the first batch of candidates are called we'll have a better idea of how many people are hired at a time.

But there are numerous factors that can either speed up, or slow down, the hiring process so I'm trying not to obsess about it, lol.

I hope we all get our chance.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yeah man im pretty anxious about it, and im sure we will atleast by the end of this year, idk we'll see hopefuly evryone gets called up. what was your experience/certificates you have jw? were real close in rank



   
ReplyQuote
(@dmart144)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I interviewed in my area a while back and was also ranked in the 30s and was anxious and was hoping for the best. Somebody gave me advice on my thread at it helped me alot so here is my 2 cents. Keep living your life normally. Don't over think it or stress about when they MIGHT call you. because that's all it is, is maybe. So keep setting goals to find a good career, keep looking, keep trying to become a better candidate, and don't let it ruin your life. Every local is different and you know! So hope for the best but plan for the worse and good luck to all



   
ReplyQuote
(@TimeTraveler)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@Rique925 - I currently work in an unrelated field so I do not have much transferable experience and no related certifications. I just like working on interesting problems.

I scored 80.4, so you beat me by a hair! Great job my friend.

@dmart144 - Great advice, thank you! I agree, it's definitely important not to get tunnel vision.

I'm utilizing this waiting period to keep my mind and body sharp, and to gather as much information as possible.

If/when an opportunity arrives, it'll be just the beginning of a very demanding adventure.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
thank you dmart and time traveler your guy's advice is right on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
anybody know if you get in reno, you'll be working in sac/roseville?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joaquin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Doubt it. During my interview they told me it was mostly Reno Tahoe and some northern Nevada



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ry711)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Second that heard thats SF local 8 not Reno



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I tried calling the hall today but the lady is off work today, anybody else call the hall yet to see if the list has moved?



   
ReplyQuote
(@fletcher)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i have not,



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
i called a few minuties ago and it went straight to the lady's voicemail..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Joaquin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just got off the phone with Jim Leonard, they've only hired 1 person so far



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
damn did he mention how fast the list will be moving? i called two weeks ago and they said one person was hired



   
ReplyQuote
(@JaBru)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Trust me guys, don’t get too anxious about the hiring process. I ranked top 4 for a local in the Midwest back in December of 2016 and haven’t been called yet. Patience, patience, and more patience...



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share:
Scroll to Top