Elevator Forum

Local 19 Seattle
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 19 Seattle

251 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
372.2 K Views
(@Humiston)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Its on #78.. I got a text yesterday telling me im next up. He did also say though that he might have work for me starting tuesday and that he will call me today to let me know... In any case this means the list is finally up and moving again



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice man! Did he mention how many others got hired too?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Noel Lucas)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm #85 I got the call today I'm starting on Monday . Good luck to all



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice man! Congrats!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Noel Lucas)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks brother



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Got my call today! test on monday on #93 now



   
ReplyQuote
 Gee1
(@Gee1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is there any news on up coming hiring? I'm #106 on the list. I know that they just called out I think like 15 people so just to keep current has anybody heard of any news?



   
ReplyQuote
 Gee1
(@Gee1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I guess more specifically how is the work load looking local 19



   
ReplyQuote
(@Trfytoy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Super busy, Seattle has 60+ cranes up and going.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvno1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just reviving an old thread....Is anybody on the new list for Local 19 Seattle? It sounds like they made it to the low 90's for the last list which went three years instead of two because of Covid. Does anybody know how many interviewed or how many are on the current list? What is your background and list ranking? I'm a sparky working in Seattle and made the list at 63. I think a welding cert. would have helped so I'll probably start working on that soon. Good luck to everybody!

Last edited by nvno1; 11/21/21 08:23 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Trfytoy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We hired a guy from the last list, he was 106. My brother got in this current list at number 9. He's already been working for 2 and a half weeks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvno1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow, well that sounds promising! The website says they are still on #1 but it has been a month since the interviews and they aren't exactly known for being fast to update the website! Hahaha. Congrats to you and your brother! How are things working out for you? I think you were on the last draw if I'm not mistaken.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Trfytoy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just started my 3rd year. It's been the best decision I've ever made.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nvno1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm happy for you man! If you don't mind me asking, I had a couple questions about the apprenticeship program. You've done two years now, How's it setup? Is it 5 days a week after work for an hour? Is it two days a week? Is every year different or does it stay the same day every week for the full five years? How many are in the classroom with you? Are the classes super hard with tons of homework or more like the do-your-work-in-class type classes? Are there "lab" assignments or hands-on trainings? Thanks again for your insight. I've done an apprenticeship and I'm just curious what life will look like once I get the call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Pdxelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Disclaimer, I was out of school before covid so some things have probably changed. I believe lessons run for 13 weeks plus a final for each class. 2 classes per year. You go to class once a week for 4 hours in the evening. Unlike electricians, we don’t lose working hours for school. Some classes are tougher than others. 400,600, and 700 are probably the most difficult. They avoid starting you in these classes. It’s nice if you can go
through in order but it often doesn’t work that way.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 16 / 17
Share:
Scroll to Top