Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/02/2016 9:18 am
I figure there must be something that details all the "rules" of the union: pay scale, benefits, policies, etc? Having gone through the interview (currently awaiting the results) I'm still trying to get as much info as possible about the job before having to make the final decision to leave my current job and enter the apprenticeship.
Is there a handbook or something available?
04/02/2016 11:01 am
There is an agreement booklet with the info you are inquiring about. You will receive one once you become a member of the Union.
The first rule of fight club applies!!
04/02/2016 12:49 pm
This has minor particulars to local 19, but, for the most part, in general for all locals.
http://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensing/Apprenticeship/files/standards/1618.pdf
http://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensing/Apprenticeship/files/standards/1618.pdf
Topic starter
05/02/2016 11:07 am
Magic Smoke - Thanks. At what point do you actually become a member of the union? When you're on the list, start your apprenticeship, after probation?
Cedartop - this is awesome. Reading through that outline of training subjects...I can't wait to start this job. So much cool stuff.
05/02/2016 12:50 pm
Sparky,
You'll find the answers to your question about what and when in the material I shared. All the locals provide information for inquirers on their websites.
You'll find the answers to your question about what and when in the material I shared. All the locals provide information for inquirers on their websites.
You're not kidding. This would be a dream come true!
Last edited by cedartop; 02/05/16 04:54 AM.
19/07/2016 4:17 am
When you start paying them
05/01/2017 1:30 pm
Unless your making Big bucks in your current trade you should drop it for a chance at the Elevator trade. You could take sick leave. The pay and beni are public info they should be happy to share.