Elevator Forum

Interview date next...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Interview date next month!

121 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
449.5 K Views
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well it seems like they haven't rehired back the guys in Titans union . That sort of has me concerned.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah. I think you'll be five till after your honeymoon, howlong u going for?



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
7 days. We get back on the 14th



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ya I have learned it's all about patience.It could be worse...we could be in New York where their hiring list is 500 plus and sometimes they don't even hire every year..I'm sure the elevator mechanics on this forums get a kick out of reading our threads.It's very exciting but also a very lengthy process to get in.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When I call I just tell them my name and asked if the list has moved. The guy is always really nice and let's me know what's happening.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I remember when I was preparing to interview last month, I spoke with a fourth year apprentice. He said that he had only been laid of for a total of 3 weeks in his entire tenure. I felt really good about it because he was hired in 2010, and times were really tough for the construction industry then



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea that 4th year apprentice said that he had the chance to go back after a week or so but just decided to take the entire month.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's good to hear man .



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have any of you guys been through a medical evaluation for the trade?



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No. I haven't .



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have read that there may be a pre employment screening but there isnt much detail on it



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Probably just seeing if you have had major injuries and if u are able to perform the job.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
When I started working as a telephone lineman for AT&T we had to do a physical lift. It was just a basket on the floor that had 80 lbs in it. All we had to do was pick it up and then set it back down. I bet the IUEC screening is similar along with your basic health exam.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JuiceSD)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
[

Originally Posted By: DD25
Interview done, there sure were a lot of guys. I heard someone say there was 800 interviews.

I also interviewed for Local 18 and heard the same thing. Made it on the list and waiting. Do you have any idea what number they are on?



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I do applied for local 18, check your inbox



   
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 9
Share:
Scroll to Top