Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/05/2013 3:36 am
I was looking for info on a couple of things and I came across the forum so I became a member.I have been in the bussiness for 24 years, qualified at the old SABIEM and are now working for a private company as a field engineer, been doing mods, my own controller electrical upgrades(why do you need to take out the mechanical side if there is nothing wrong with it) and I also designed a zero speed system for two speed ac conversion to vvvf drive on the older systems.
Regards Willem
19/05/2013 7:02 pm
Wellcome! you don't like P1,P2, and A B. so replaced them with VVVF? 🙂
Topic starter
20/05/2013 12:10 am
Lol no we have a lot of them, but when I do a upgrade I go for drive
Topic starter
21/06/2013 3:49 am
This is some of the controllers I have build.
With Micro Basic Mp724 PR555 controller board and L1000 Yaskawa drive.
*(image not available in this archive)*
*(image not available in this archive)*
21/06/2013 6:20 am
Welcome William,
Nice clean line on that job! Personally I don't have the courage to use suck a bold color on our floors...
Nice clean line on that job! Personally I don't have the courage to use suck a bold color on our floors...
21/06/2013 12:42 pm
Hi guys i am Hope .........New to this forum .
I come here to share some information with all of you .
have a Good Day .
I come here to share some information with all of you .
have a Good Day .
Topic starter
22/06/2013 2:02 am
Thanks JKH!! That is my (as you can say) signature all my motor rooms look like this and I say that when I'm finished with an upgrade the only time that there should be anybody in there is when the serviceman service the job once a month. The paint is an epoxy based paint that should last for at least ten years.
28/06/2013 1:56 pm
business in the front party in the back
Topic starter
05/07/2013 4:09 am
Jip after a job well done there's always a party
05/07/2013 5:27 am
Welcome aboard Willem. Nice controller layout.
08/07/2013 9:28 pm
Greetings All,
This is my first time at any sort of a forum or chat group,if I am in the wrong place, please excuse me and kindly redirect my inquiry. I am a newly hired building manager with my first elevator to be responsible for.
I am looking for any records on the unit that may exist, and am hoping someone will be able to suggest where to start my search. The make is Westinghouse, the general order# is 28878-1, the only other identifying # is 2BC1-1SP. It is a passenger elevator rated at 1,200 pounds capacity, and I have a safety inspection scheduled with a local company in mid July. I intend to establish a regular P.M. program at that time
Before then, I hope to familiarize myself with the necessary regulations, terminology, and the mechanical apparatus as best as possible.
What is interesting is that the tower is constructed of modern block, and I found an old maintenance report inside one of the cabinets that dates the machine to as early as 1957 to a different building in a nearby city. Therefore, I suspect that it was purchased used and moved here.
This information is forming the basis of my file on the elevator, and I would like to determine the year of manufacture and other pertinent data. Any suggestions as to resources for this info would be appreciated. I don't Imagine the State Dept. of Labor and Industry as being a cooperative source of old files or historical records. Thank you in advance for your interest and expertise. Rick
This is my first time at any sort of a forum or chat group,if I am in the wrong place, please excuse me and kindly redirect my inquiry. I am a newly hired building manager with my first elevator to be responsible for.
I am looking for any records on the unit that may exist, and am hoping someone will be able to suggest where to start my search. The make is Westinghouse, the general order# is 28878-1, the only other identifying # is 2BC1-1SP. It is a passenger elevator rated at 1,200 pounds capacity, and I have a safety inspection scheduled with a local company in mid July. I intend to establish a regular P.M. program at that time
Before then, I hope to familiarize myself with the necessary regulations, terminology, and the mechanical apparatus as best as possible.
What is interesting is that the tower is constructed of modern block, and I found an old maintenance report inside one of the cabinets that dates the machine to as early as 1957 to a different building in a nearby city. Therefore, I suspect that it was purchased used and moved here.
This information is forming the basis of my file on the elevator, and I would like to determine the year of manufacture and other pertinent data. Any suggestions as to resources for this info would be appreciated. I don't Imagine the State Dept. of Labor and Industry as being a cooperative source of old files or historical records. Thank you in advance for your interest and expertise. Rick
09/07/2013 6:01 am
Welcome Rick,
Congratulations on your new position. I don't think the elevator was moved to your building. Sometimes when there isn't a print at the building, elevator companies will bring one from another building.
Congratulations on your new position. I don't think the elevator was moved to your building. Sometimes when there isn't a print at the building, elevator companies will bring one from another building.
Do you want to try to find more information for your elevator? Westinghouse is now owned by Schindler Elevator Company. They will be glad to sell you there records for your elevator. Oh! Be prepared to pay $75 to $150 a page!
Take some advice! Read the last two years of inspection reports, repair tickets and recommendations from your existing elevator service company. Then meet with you elevator company. Listen to what they have to say then come back when you have more question.
09/07/2013 8:21 pm
Is it "of modern block" or has the building been there for years and had a upgrade.....usually the elevator is the LAST thing to be modernised ... who has been doing the maintenance up to now you should be able to get any and ALL info on service/breakdowns from them for free...if there has been noone then the previous manager/owners have been negligent in their safety to the tenants...
there are so many different rules and regulations in regard to installation/service etc that we need to know where you are from!!
there are so many different rules and regulations in regard to installation/service etc that we need to know where you are from!!
Topic starter
14/07/2013 8:50 pm
Thanks Broke_Sheave I have been thinking of building and supplying
Last edited by Willem; 07/14/13 12:51 PM.