Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
31/03/2023 9:07 pm
Hello to Everybody
I am Vince, age 58, been doing elevators for 15 years.
Mostly residential of many makes and models.........here to perhaps help others who have questions regarding Savaria/Federal/Cambridge/Stilz.
I find many units have gone plc, and many older models have their unique symptoms that experience helps with regarding fixes/diagnostics.
I may need some help times also with units I am less familiar with.
Cheers
Vince
I am Vince, age 58, been doing elevators for 15 years.
Mostly residential of many makes and models.........here to perhaps help others who have questions regarding Savaria/Federal/Cambridge/Stilz.
I find many units have gone plc, and many older models have their unique symptoms that experience helps with regarding fixes/diagnostics.
I may need some help times also with units I am less familiar with.
Cheers
Vince
31/03/2023 11:23 pm
Welcome! Glad to have you join us!
You're correct, alot if not all residential companies have went to plc or microprocessor based controls. With the main driving factor being making installs easier for less trained mechanics to get more sales to companies with cheap unskilled labor. It has nothing to do with reliability, as the code requirements for residential elevators have stayed the same (no unintended motion or traction loss etc) and all code and functioning requirements could easily be met with a bulletproof relay logic controller.
Topic starter
01/04/2023 2:00 am
Hi EElevator
I agree, with the plc/microprocessor, they have have less experienced (cheaper) techs. Nothing beats good old relay logic. That is right the residential units do not require such high tech components. Just another way for the residential manufacturers to try to keep everything "in house"......... and charge their extortional fees.
I agree, with the plc/microprocessor, they have have less experienced (cheaper) techs. Nothing beats good old relay logic. That is right the residential units do not require such high tech components. Just another way for the residential manufacturers to try to keep everything "in house"......... and charge their extortional fees.