Elevator Forum

Choosing the Best E...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Choosing the Best Elevator Company

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10 K Views
(@WorkingSuper)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13139]
Hi, everyone.

New member of this group. I am a property manager for a small company. Been doing this for 10 years but still learning. Up till now, we've looked for elevator companies via bluebook and word of mouth. I was wondering if there is a different method of finding the best elevator companies.

Also, when I do find elevator companies, how do I go about figuring out which companies has the best knowledgeable technicians?

I have a problem with our main elevator (going to post it in the technical section of this forum) and I have 2 companies taking a look at it. They both have different theories on what's wrong with it. They both think the other guy doesn't know what they are talking about. How am I with limited experience supposed to know who's right and the better company?



   
Quote
 En81
(@En81)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi
I have more than 15 years in elevator



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
maybe its time to employ a lift consultant (god forbid that I actually recommended that...LOL) to check over the lift and help with the problems you are having. as they are "independent" they can be helpful in pushing companies to get things done.



   
ReplyQuote
(@WorkingSuper)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Kiwi, Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know where I would contact one?



   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@Maestro)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Depending somewhat on where you are, selecting ANY service provider is a crap-shoot! Your greatest risk of success would come from asking someone you know, who does what you do, who they've used recently that they would call again.

I've worked for four global OEM's and can say, unequivocally, that they are all both good and bad at different things, at different places and points in time.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top