Notifications
Clear all
26/08/2016 7:01 pm
Yeah I did. When I was interviewing in Vegas they said there was over 3000 applicants applied just on the first day the recruitment opened. Most likely this recruitment process will take longer due to the volume of ppl.
27/08/2016 12:23 am
Wow that's a lot of people. I heard there was 400-500 on the waiting list in Vegas but that may not be accurate. I know Los Angeles will have tons more applicants than Las Vegas did but it's definitely worth a shot. I just want to get my foot in the door and take it from there.
30/08/2016 1:23 am
Hello Everyone,
I received my ranking about 10 days ago. I ranked fairly well even though I thought I did horrible. Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know when I get a call. I'm wondering if anyone else would do the same so we can see what number they are at. I'm pretty sure that the union gets tired of calls about the rankings. If we could update something on here I'm thinking they wouldn't mind. I was looking up the different projects that Vegas has for the future and it looks like quite a bit.
30/08/2016 2:15 am
Called the DFW Local today to check the list, she said they are on 21 or 22. Not going as fast as I had hoped, considering I am still 60ish places away.
30/08/2016 2:52 am
GetItDone77, congratulations on placing well on the Vegas list. I'll definitely be on board with checking the list every few weeks and letting everyone know where it's at. I was thinking if there was someone in the Vegas office we could email as opposed to call it might also bug them a little less.
30/08/2016 5:47 am
Has anyone heard what number Vegas list is on? I have a buddy that's in the 30's. I'll let you guys know when he gets his call.
30/08/2016 6:00 am
Joe45 that would be great. I haven't tried contacting anyone from the Vegas office yet as it is still fairly soon. And besides I wasn't even sure who to call or email specifically.? Is it the email address that sent out the interview date/results etc.? And I saw my buddy out of the Southern California local and he seemed to confirm that the word is that there will be a big need for bodies in Vegas. That's great news and here's hoping that we all get out on the field soon.
30/08/2016 6:10 am
Yeah thats what everyone is saying. Hopefully it comes fast. My buddy that is 30 on the vegas list got called in for the old LA list before it closed like a week after he interviewed for vegas. So there goes one spot gone lol
30/08/2016 6:12 am
I believe we call the office. I forgot her name but the receptionist was telling me she is the one that makes all the calls.
30/08/2016 6:15 am
That's great! Congrats to your buddy Joe. So he was number 30 on the Los Angeles list and barely made it? 😏 dang well the good news is work is picking up in Los Angeles, as in most areas of the country.
30/08/2016 6:49 am
No he was 475 on the LA list and just got called before the old list closed. He interviewed for the vegas list before he got called in for LA. He is 30 something on the vegas list.
30/08/2016 6:54 am
Oh gotcha nice. That's encouraging!
Last edited by UnionSprky; 08/29/16 10:54 PM.
30/08/2016 2:27 pm
Yeah I heard the first 200-300 people on the new LA list will go fast.
30/08/2016 11:47 pm
If I remember the info I've read in another thread correctly, the last So Cal recruitment was about this time of year in 2013 which is probably why the list got that high. So your friend was lucky to be called when he did seeing how I think new recruitments usually happen every 2 years.
31/08/2016 12:36 am
With construction booming it does seem to suggest there will be more apprentices getting pulled from this recruitment compared to the last one. And ElecTech, that's probably why the recruitment was pushed back an extra year this time in LA. Here's hoping all of us waiting get to hit the field soon