Notifications
Clear all
21/06/2016 12:35 am
Yeah I wouldn't recommend calling for a long time. I'm sure hundreds of people call every week. I'm just going to sit tight and keep going to work as usual and if they call me great! If I find out anything in the meantime I'll let you guys know.
21/06/2016 12:54 am
Well if hundreds of people are possibly calling in each week, maybe someone at the hall could update some online forum once a week with the current number of the hiring list and everyone on the list can receive an email with a link of where to look instead of calling. Even once a month would probably solve that.
21/06/2016 3:25 am
Do anyone know what the start out pay is in local 21
Topic starter
21/06/2016 4:08 am
http://www.wdol.gov/dba.aspx
This is a link to a website which shows prevailing wages for most states/counties.
Local 21 mechanics seem to make $38h, so new hires at 50% would make about $19.
23/06/2016 3:22 am
Just call local 21 and they are still at number 12
23/06/2016 3:50 am
Originally Posted By: Kyle2822
Just call local 21 and they are still at number 12
Damn
29/06/2016 11:59 pm
Do you think you passed your test?
30/06/2016 12:51 am
I'm pretty sure I did. Wasn't to bad except a couple of the math ones towards the end
10/07/2016 6:05 am
Sup guys I'm out here in hawaii and the application process started on April 1st of this year and I did my aptitude test on May 20th and interview on June 18th Definetely a long process.. Out of over 300 people who took the test I was one of the 124 people that had the chance to receive an interview not including the re-interviews from the previous years so it's anybody game to get a high ranking. They released the list on July 5th and I'm #26. They are currently on applicant #2. In one years time they went all the way to #74 on the list. How good do you think my chances are? Btw if anyone wants advice on the test and interview lmk.
Last edited by 96817; 07/09/16 10:06 PM.
10/07/2016 7:08 am
Passed my test wooohoo
10/07/2016 10:09 am
Hello all,
I'm currently a mechanic out of Local 71. Work in traction high rises, as well as escalators, as well. I have an opportunity to go work either in Local 8, or Local 18 in California. I hear SF is busy and LA is about to get cranking in a month or so, as well as Las Vegas.
I would really prefer LA, Bay Area is expensive. I'm wondering if anyone on here is from any of these Locals and could shed some light.
Thanks.
I'm currently a mechanic out of Local 71. Work in traction high rises, as well as escalators, as well. I have an opportunity to go work either in Local 8, or Local 18 in California. I hear SF is busy and LA is about to get cranking in a month or so, as well as Las Vegas.
I would really prefer LA, Bay Area is expensive. I'm wondering if anyone on here is from any of these Locals and could shed some light.
Thanks.
11/07/2016 1:46 am
I'm in my 6th month as a proby in local 8.I also work on escalators and will be working on highrise traction as soon as salesforce tower starts. S.F. Is busy right now, escalators and elevators. S.F. Cost of living is high but local 8 is the highest paid local. There are also places around the bay area that are less expensive. as for L.A. I don't have a clue.
11/07/2016 7:55 am
Thanks for the feedback! I've been thinking about Local 8. Been talking to the boss (my wife). She says go for it. She also tells me to watch myself. You know how this trade is, you must have thick skin. The locals don't like it when out of towners come in.
Local 8 said Mitsubishi is picking up people. I don't know much about Mitsubishi, but an elevator is the same in all companies. They have rails, car slings, sills, headers, traveling cables, etc.... Just have to learn the wiring. Can I ask what company you work for? I currently work for TKE.
Which company has the most work?
Forgive me for the 20/20, just a big decision I have to make. Local 8, wants me out there by the beginning of Aug.
Thanks
Local 8 said Mitsubishi is picking up people. I don't know much about Mitsubishi, but an elevator is the same in all companies. They have rails, car slings, sills, headers, traveling cables, etc.... Just have to learn the wiring. Can I ask what company you work for? I currently work for TKE.
Which company has the most work?
Forgive me for the 20/20, just a big decision I have to make. Local 8, wants me out there by the beginning of Aug.
Thanks
11/07/2016 9:17 am
I work for schindler. We're pretty busy. As far as who has the most work I don't know. At the last proby meeting there were probably around 30 new probys and no mechanics on the bench. Everyone is working. Where is local 71 area?
12/07/2016 6:53 am
Local 71 is in Miami. we're busy here as well.