Elevator Forum

Apprenticeship advi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprenticeship advice. Austin, TX

650 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4.6 M Views
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
TxVet has been next in line here in Austin for a while now. We're just waiting for him to get hired so we know the list is moving again.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep and it sucks I feel like I have been next forever, I hope everyone else is hanging in there. I know I feel like I am never going to get the call.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
any one hear any new news from Austin?



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Quick update from Vegas...they hired 5 apprentices off the list as a major casino chain in Las Vegas is updating their elevators. Two Huge projects are suppose to start by years end which would call for ~50 more apprentices. Currently in the low 30's on the hiring list. Have faith, we're all gonna make it



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's good news, at least they are giving you updates. The hardest part about our union hall is the no feedback they give.



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm being updated by a friend in the trade. Just my advice to everyone, stop calling the union (or do it less frequently). I'm sure they get calls from everyone on their hiring list and they honestly have zero say in when people get hired. Just my 2 cents but I personally would hate to be the guy that annoyed everyone prior to me even getting hired. I have no doubt i'll get picked up eventually and whether it happens tomorrow or 2 years from now, we all gotta have faith because it will be worth it to work in such a strong union....WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT! 😉



   
ReplyQuote
(@jrr1982)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pretty quiet here. anything new?



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well yesterday I called because my phone has been having problems so I wanted to give them a new way to reach me and they said it's been over two months since they put anyone to work. That's in Austin, I don't know if that's good news our what.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys, haven't heard from anyone in Austin in a while, is every everyone still doing good hanging in there?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Solution)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah I'm still hanging around vet. Hope you guys are staying busy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yea it's sure been quiet in here. I start back at my AT&T job tomorrow. Had to take a huge cut in pay but I'll be making $22/hr until the IUEC calls. Not too bad but we'll be aight. I sure hope they stay busy throughout the winter cause I'd love to hear something by spring.



   
ReplyQuote
(@skilledbutcher73)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys I have been around.I have been keeping myself busy with fixing up a used bmw I bought, they are pretty sweet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TxVet)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ha that's awesome, I figured you have been keeping busy on your honeymoon haha. Anyways good to hear from everyone, I still have heard nothing new.



   
ReplyQuote
(@bomfire)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
...nothing new in Vegas. Seems like we're all waiting for construction to start!



   
ReplyQuote
(@titans)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I called Nashville's local and there are 5 layed off apprentices ahead of me. He said some of them would be starting back to work really soon. That would make me number 1 again once they get back to work.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 44
Share:
Scroll to Top