Elevator Forum

Apprentice in Maine
 
Notifications
Clear all

Apprentice in Maine

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,056 Views
(@Jesse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#10717]
Afternoon gentlemen. I am leaving the service in March of next year, and I am very interested in the elevator trade up here in Maine. I think I have a good idea how a union works, but that it. Ill rattle a couple of questions off.

- The documents I have been given (from Hard hats to Helmets) have the vague " apprentice income is 40%-90% of a journeyman as you go through the years of training." The problem is, what does a journeyman make? just a ball park figure would be great.

- Is there documentation of insurance (health, dental) the union works with?

-Are there any study guides that would help me get a bead on what I need to know?

-Anyone in Maine that works with the Elevator Union that could kinda lead me into what I can expect in this job if i get it? You guys are harder to contact than ghosts.
Thank you in advance. I really appreciate it.



   
Quote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Call your local in your area and ask what there scale is
Differs across the country. We have awesome insurance it's BCBS.
4 years for apprenticeship program, you will have to commit to one night a week for four hours of schooling. It's paid for you just have to show and pass it!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jesse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you very much, I will call and ask in the next couple of days. If you can think of anything else that would be helpful in this transition, I would really appreciate it.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top