Elevator Forum

NYC Load Weighing D...
 
Notifications
Clear all

NYC Load Weighing Device NEW CODE

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,662 Views
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24725]
I received a letter (from ECNY) saying that NYC passenger and Freight elevators will be required to have a load weighting device by 9/28/2018.

Section 2.16 "Capacity and loading"

2.16.10 "Detection if Overload on passenger elevators and freight elevators permitted by 2.16.4 to carry passengers"
it states:
"passenger elevators and freight elevators permitted by 2.16.4 to carry passengers must be designed with the means to detect if the load exceeds the rated capacity of the elevator. If an overload is detected, the elevator doors must reopen and remain open and a voice notification and visual signal must indicate that the car is over loaded."

Is this needed for all elevators? Hydro and Traction? is this an actual new code?



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
A17.1-2016 is the last code book out for elevators. The section on loading A17.1-2016-2.16 stops at 2.16.9; I don't know if NYC has a different code. That said it is almost impossible to add load weighing even the old analog load weighing in 2 weeks.



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
This is only for new/mod elevators. I have confirmed that NYC DOB will be putting this into affect on 9/29//2018.

Now I just need to know if this is for all elevators for just traction.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top