Elevator Forum

Best Maintenance Co...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Best Maintenance Control Plan Options

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,137 Views
(@MulattoTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26345]
Hiya folks!

I've been tasked with coming up with a solution for creating MCPs.

So far I've found the following two sites which appear to sell the same thing. https://www.elevatormcp.com/ and https://www.elevatorbooks.com/Products/CategoryCenter/WMCP/Maintenance-Control-ProgramWritten.aspx

I've also been looking into this as well for electronic records of MCPs - https://www.elevatorbooks.com/Pages/About/eMCP.aspx

I'm curious if anyone has any other resources that might be helpful.

I'm trying to come up with MCPs for the following types of elevators.

1) Electrical Traction Elevators
2) Hydraulic Elevators
3) Roped Hydraulic Elevators
4) Special Purpose Personal Elevators
5) Rack & Pinion Elevators
6) Verticle Platform Lifts
7) Commercial Stair Lifts

Thanks all. Oh, and if this is in the wrong section I apologize. I'll use the I'm new here excuse 😊



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you in Washington? I've never even gotten an answer as to the format they want. I tried for years to get an MCP program in WA to no avail. We finally had to just realize that 50 years in the elevator business wasn't enough knowledge and had to stoop doing business North of the river.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MulattoTech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm in Texas. Thanks for the response.

I was lucky to be able to call our chief elevator inspector and bounce a few questions off of him to see what we could/couldn't have. The code is pretty darn clear, but we wanted to ensure we couldn't get by with just an electronic MCP.

Turns out we CAN use an electronic MCP, however it must be accompanied by a written MCP as well.

Thanks Johnny, sorry to hear y'all had to stop doing business North of the river due to that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Washington has a great MCP chart available online. The thing that got us was a list of all procedures for maintenance and repair. Just could not even clean a pit properly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Moto250f)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Canadian elevator contractors association.we have to have an mcp in Ontario Canada I know you can buy the mcp off them it’s a pretty basic one though but may help u out

Last edited by Moto250f; 06/28/19 09:55 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top