Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
23/04/2012 12:40 am
To all interested parties, there will be a class coming up soon about New ASME code requirements.
http://www.asme.org/products/courses/a17-1-safety-code-for-elevators-and-escalators
http://www.asme.org/products/courses/a17-1-safety-code-for-elevators-and-escalators
23/04/2012 2:14 pm
Holy sh*t that's expensive.
Still, I wanna go...Hmmm...
Topic starter
24/04/2012 8:48 am
Plus Airfare, Hotel, Car Rental and 4 days of not working.
I've taught this class before and am also available to teach it in house customized for employers. These classes are typically small, intimate and as a result we cover a lot of material in a short amount of time. In the last Las Vegas Class we were able to take a field trip to see the circular escalators.
The customized programs for employers last only a few days, typically have 30 to 40 students. While its new information for the student, its not new for the instructor, so the challenge is to make each moment of the four eight hour days interesting for the student by being interested in the subject material as the instructor. I am open to sharing others insights and observations as well. So, please feel free to share.
I've taught this class before and am also available to teach it in house customized for employers. These classes are typically small, intimate and as a result we cover a lot of material in a short amount of time. In the last Las Vegas Class we were able to take a field trip to see the circular escalators.
The customized programs for employers last only a few days, typically have 30 to 40 students. While its new information for the student, its not new for the instructor, so the challenge is to make each moment of the four eight hour days interesting for the student by being interested in the subject material as the instructor. I am open to sharing others insights and observations as well. So, please feel free to share.
25/04/2012 10:51 am
If I was going to spend that money with NAESA it would be to get my QEI test. At least you can be a qualified inspector after that.
http://www.naesai.org/calendar.php
http://www.naesai.org/calendar.php
Topic starter
25/04/2012 9:25 pm
I strongly recommend the NAESAI programs. The above course is only appropriate to people who have what it takes to see value in the offering. (It's an advanced class) The class NAESAI offers does not guarantee that you will pass the test. It requires study, as do the offerings from ASME. People who are in Sales functions might find themselves a bit overwhelmed with some of the technical data if they are not familiar with the subject material, but the ones who have attended have reported to me that it helped them develop more business for their employers. I guess that�s why people are willing to pay the big bucks. They get a return on the investment.
If you are working with limited resources, I strongly recommend the Fire Service Testing by Jim Runyan. Also Elevator world has a great DVD about Traction Elevators.
26/04/2012 10:32 am
By "resources", are you referring to "mental" resources?
heh heh, j/k!