Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

WANTED: Crank handle - Shepard (Brighton) Elevator

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,988 Views
(@reubin78)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12162]
WANTED: Crank handle - Shepard (Brighton) Elevator

Elevator is not connected to mains electric and is currently located at the first floor level.

There is a facility to hand crank the elevator (raise and lower). The mechanism is located above the elevator - I just require the hand crank tool (or a UK-based man that can!!)
. Any suggestions as to where I can obtain?

Are the hand-crank drives universal or manufacturer specific?

I have a photo of the drive but can't work out how to post it!

There is a round drive shaft (approx 1 inch diameter). It has a half-moon shaped key cut out of it.

For reference, the elevator is located in Staffordshire, UK



   
Quote
(@reubin78)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
to be clear:

The keyway is half-moon shaped when viewing the shaft from it's end. The keyway is cut along the shaft (at an equal depth)



   
ReplyQuote
(@reubin78)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Very hard to measure as I can't get to the shaft.

Approx sizes:

16mm O/D
15mm long

Shaft maybe worn giving rounded appearance.

Dimension of foot of key way to opposite side of shaft is approx 13mm



   
ReplyQuote
(@reubin78)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
😆 😆 😆

I've found the crank handle!!! 500 turns later and the elevator has hit ground level.

Operation 'get rid' begins today.

Question for anyone clued up about elevators: Does it have any value (except scrap)?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top