Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sedgewick(?) repair

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,546 Views
(@gbandfly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#22319]
Good Evening,
I just purchased a home (in San Antonio TX) that has a non-functioning elevator from the 70's. I was informed that it was working less than 5 years ago but the last owner did no maintenance on the property. An elevator repair person informed me that he "thought" it was a Sedgewick, though he couldn't find it written anywhere on the parts. He said they are obsolete, no parts available and I would need an entirely new elevator.

A few questions --
1. If it is a Sedgewick, is that true, no parts are available?
2. Do you think perhaps there is someone that can do a repair with replacement parts?
3. Where could the identification be found.

I appreciate any assistance that you fine people can give me. 🙂



   
Quote
(@CH Elevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have worked on Sedgwick units and they are no longer available for parts. I can replace some parts, but they will be one off expensive parts. then will what you pay extend its' life much? or can you get a Technician to work on it? Most of the units I have worked on, I recommended Replacement. The unit does not have adequate safeties based on Current safety Standards. ie.: a Brake may not be able to be re-worked to have the current required Safety factor.

The basic rule is...If I fix it I must be willing to stand behind it. Most of the time that is too much Risk.

The Controller said Sedgwick, The Cab push button panel - COP said Sedgwick. Motor should say Sedgwick. Any old wiring prints in the controller would say the Name.

Best of luck. I have Friends in Texas, if you need another opinion?



   
ReplyQuote
(@PATRCIK)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have a limited supply of Sedgwick parts including gate guides, interlocks, hoistway switches and pushbuttons along with miscellaneous odd parts, call or e-mail us with what you are looking for.
Chris Moore
Manager-Internet Sales-USA
917.273.6175



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rdock2000)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Would you have a print to a Sedgwick installed around 1991.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top